Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Volcanic Eruption in Indonesia

This volcano has been erupting for the past six days and is said to be increasing in intesity.  The activity is becoming more frequent and more disasterous.  In the video it shows volcanic ash layering the near by city.  I could not image dealing with that much ash.  Around here we have to deal with snow, but that is only for a few months out of the year and then it melts.  Ash does not just melt, so it makes me wonder what they actually do with it.  There are three small craters and a big crater formed from the eruption but I think there will be much more damage before this event is over because the activity is getting strong.  I think the worst is yetot come and I really hope the people in this area take all mitigation steps necessary to protect themselves properly.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2010/11/16/Indonesian-volcano-still-erupting/UPI-98511289927516/

No comments:

Post a Comment