Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Minnesota's First Snow

I know that this story is a bit old but when I found it I was very surprised.  I knew that Minnesota got more snow then we did but I did not realize how much more they got than us.  They saw as much as 11 inches of snow while our ground has barely been covered by snow! I am very surprised by this figure because Minnesota is not very far away.  The most shocking highlight was that there was 401 accidents reported! While there were only 45 with injuries.  I could not beleive that there were 400 accidents.  A girl that I work with said that she had to go to the airport to get a friend and said that there were a lot of vehicles in the ditch but she did not say it was to this extreme.  I think there were that many accidents because it was the first snow and everyone has to get use to driving in snow again, but I do not think it took them long to clean up because we are use to dealing with these kind of conditions in this area.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/13/minnesota.snow/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment