Friday, October 8, 2010

Hurricane Otto


This is a picture of Hurricane Otto.  I has actually just been upgraded from a tropical storm to a hurricane.  As you can see in the picture the clouds are making a circular pattern which they talked to us a little about at the weather station.  This is the 8th hurricane of the 2010 season! It makes me wonder how conditioned, the people that live in the gulf and along the border, are to having hurricanes occur.  I am sure they have a system of how to evacuate very quickly and know exactly what needs to be done after the storm.  I could not imagine having to deal with that all the time.  Why would those people want to stay their.  They are obviously very resilient to the hazard by now, but I do not think I could get use to having to evacuate all the time.  They have no idea what will be there when they get back.  I enjoy the stable climate in Wisconsin and probably take it for granted more than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment