Friday, October 8, 2010

Earthquakes

USA Recent Earthquake Map
This website and class has really opened my eyes to the amount of earthquakes that occur daily.  I think I am ignorant of this because I live in Wisconsin, but I really did not believe that this many earthquakes are occurring constantly.  Granted people are unable to feel the majority of them, but it is still an overwhelming number.  I a previous class they talked about the possibility of a huge earthquake occurring by California.  I really did not think about it much, but now that I know there are earthquakes constantly occurring I think it is very possible that in the near future there could be a massive earthquake that could cause a lot of damage.  I wonder how many people in California are ready for that or if they even think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment